Friday, February 15, 2008

So much excitement, so much Canada

I have never realized what a good school I go to until I came here. Whenever I tell someone that I go to the University of Waterloo, and they are from outside of Ontario, they always are making some sort of comment that it's a good school, and that pretty much all of Canada knows of it! I have never appreciated the Universtiy enough I guess.

Although Waterloo is well known for it's good University, Ontario is pretty much regarded as the stereotype: Onterrible. And seriously, I can see where people are coming from. All too often, the population of Ontario sends out a vibe that Ontario is the ONLY province that exists in Canada. When in fact, as I am realizing more and more every day, there is SO much more to Canada, and so much more to discover see and do in this wonderful country of ours! There is so much more to Canada then then Ontario, so many more people who live in our extremely diverse country. And once again, I want to see and experience it all. I'm getting on with this goal next week, as on Sunday I am leaving for Winnipeg! I'll be there for about 5 days, and will get to see what Winnipeg is all about. I also really want to visit and experience the Candian Rockies (among the rest of the world). I have chatted with a bunch of people who are here in Inuvik from BC and the lifestyle sounds like one I would appreciate.

Do you ever just get very excited for no reason at all? I have been feeling that lately, and oh what an amazing feeling to feel. I hadn't felt that feeling for a long while before I got here, and I'm glad it's back.

I hope you all had 'love'ly Valentine's Day's. I went to a dessert potluck at a new friends place! It was sweet. Literally.

3 comments:

.n.a.n.n.y..d.i.a.r.i.e.s. said...

i found it ironic that as you write about wanting more canada i was listening to britney's gimme more!

Anonymous said...

lol jenn you nerd.
kay you're so cute...your posts are so inspiring :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kayla - guess what! Waterloo has TWO universities! (No hard feelings, though.)

Anyway, hope your trip to Winnipeg was a blast!

P.S. There's a movie about "Mr. Toronto" who travels across Canada and asks people what they think about Torontonians. I can't remember the name, but it might be cool to check it out...e