Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gobbledegook?

When we got to the airport yesterday, the pilot casually came out to chat with us. He said the visibility in Sachs Harbour was about a mile or less, and that there was a possibility of not being able to land, or missing the runway! I guess it gets very foggy and windy in Sachs. Soooo my boss called it off, said we better be safe then sorry and reschedule. No Sachs for me yesterday. Ah well, I'll get there.

I have this strange thought process. Half the time, I desperately want to do more, see more, and get frustrated when I can't figure out how to do so. And then when I get the opportunity to do more, see more, I get nervous and anxious, and then think, why didn't I just settle for normalcy. It's like I want it all. Ah the common theme of our society, we want it all, and never seem to be satisfied. I'm guilty. Are you?

Well, thats my expression for the day. I think I am going to go check out the rec centre-theres a kid carnival happening there today as a fundraiser for something in town, I guess there's a whole bunch of carnival games going on and such! hahha, should be funny. I gotta do some other errands in town too. Enjoy your Saturday everyone. I just looked at the current weather. 1 degree in Waterloo, -34 in Inuvik. I can legitimately say this now: Southern Ontarians don't even know what winter is man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we might have a better idea of what winter is now - it was -28 with the wind chill yesterday morning (brrr!) Still, it's fair to say that we can't drive on the Grand River!...e