Friday, February 8, 2008

life.

Lentil Tacos are scrumptious. I had a couple co-workers over for dinner tonight, and that's what we had, they were real good.

So I have to tell you about the beginning of my week, it was quite comical. On Monday morning, Erica knocked on my door early, telling me that her car wouldn't start. Apparently her battery froze up, even though it was plugged in all weekend. So, we called Amy, and she gladly picked us up. When we finally got to the office, it felt quite chilly, so we checked the temperature, and it was hovering around 7 degrees celsius, inside the office. Quite chilly. So I sat down at my computer in my huge Canada Goose parka, and tried to get to work. About 10 minutes later, we were all sent home for the day, apparently the heating fuel ran out, and all of the water pipes had frozen over the weekend. The next day was a big repeat. Got to work, and although it was toasty inside, the water was still turned off because of repairs that needed to be made, so home again! Most relaxing paid days of work ever, I must say. I tried to do some work, but it was hard to do much without the resources of the office. Being out of the office on Monday and Tuesday made Wednesday and Thursday super busy though. We are getting close to the dates of the community tour, and there are still a bunch of things to be done!

Tomorrow I will be venturing to Sachs Harbour, another of the outlying communities on Banks Island, its on the shores of the Beaufort. We are going there to speak to the possible Marine Protected Area that we spoke of in the other communities as well. I added a picture above of the plane that we took to Paulatuk and Ulukhaktok when I went a couple weeks ago, we will be on the same plane tomorrow. It will be interesting to see another of the Inuvialuit communities! Oh Oh! and I'm going to Winnipeg the week after next, for an Oceans & Science forum, hosted by the DFO Winnipeg group that we work quite closely with. I'm psyched to see another area of Canada!

No comments: