Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Brainstorming...

I have met my new family! I have learned the technicalities of group living and consensus based decision making and am looking forward to putting these equal opportunity living styles into action. It's an interesting and new realm of living to me, but one that I already have come to appreciate, it is so extraordinarily respectful and considerate, and I think group living will really educate me and add greatly to my experience bank.

We have learned the Otesha play, we have established group mandates: we decided that we will be eating Vegan for the two months of the trip, have regular meetings, and set out roles and tasks that each community member will be responsible for completing during our journey. We discussed our fears, and our life states, often having rather intense listening and speaking sessions that I never knew could occur between people who were strangers less than a week ago. We have ate deliciously vegan and gluten free - with completely donated food that would have otherwise been trashed by the Calgary grocery stores (Freeganism at it's best). We have all had an enormous amount of fun already - getting to know one another enjoying songs, games and laughs together already.

Our first performance will be at a highschool on Friday, and we are excited and nervous all at once. I am currently in Bragg Creek, gateway to Kananaskis Country, and 15km down the road from the camp where we are staying for our training week. I hope you are all doing well - I will hopefully be able to tell you much more when I have more adequate Internet time. Peace and bicycle grease!

2 comments:

.n.a.n.n.y..d.i.a.r.i.e.s. said...

SIEF!
it sounds like your having a great time, meeting new people!
tell cat i say hi...
i went to a vegan resturant that was an old double decker bus, you would have been proud!
I thought of you!
LOVE

Graham said...

Wow, you're putting my blog on lemming tracks and polar rolls to shame! :P Wonderfully descriptive and eloquent narratives!