Thursday, April 30, 2009

The wheels are on the brink of a roll

My time in Stephanie's cozy apartment is ticking to it's end. I had a great time here in Calgary, just yesterday I was reunited with my spirited ERS classmate, as she was nice enough to have Catherine and I along to Canmore to get our first glimpse of the Alberta Rockie Mountains. As expected they were majestically ever present - as Catherine, myself, Kristy and her friendly down to earth Mom walked through the streets of the trendy resort-esk town, and hiked along the Bow river at the base of the mountains. We ate some hot soup then at a small local cafe-bistro reminiscent of the Kitchener Vincenzo's. It was a day finished in fellowship as well, as Catherine, Stephanie and I shared a meal out at a nice Calgary restaurant. Today, I laid the groundwork for the rest of my summer by visiting a travel agent and booking my flights! More details on these later... I paid a visit to the 'Green Monster' and got my self some tire tubes and a tire patch kit as well. Catherine and I shopped at the Community Market grocery store - a delicious natural foods grocer and buffet lunch spot (I was in food heaven) and made the three of us a yummy last supper in Stephanie's apartment.


A highlight of the day was when Catherine and I spotted the Otesha hybrid car outside the Community Market. We yelped when we saw the car - this being the second time we have seen it in the city over the past few days, and we left the unknowing drivers and training week planners a friendly note under the wiper, that we were excited to meet them, and eat the food they were purchasing from the organic locally based grocer!


Although I am slightly anxious and nervous and excited for tomorrow, to meet my new 'family' members for the next two months, and start our training week, I am content being here, now, with my long time friends, with a sense of warmth all around me.

1 comment:

Donny Gosse said...

Hi Kayla,
When I talk to your Mom at the library she is so worried about you. I tried to calm her down. She was just about in tears.
Yesterday my heart just about stopped when I heard of the plane disappearing over the Atlantic. To top it off it was going to France. I hope your Mom didn't see this bad news or your Mom and Dad will be coming home on a row boat. Take care young lady and be cautious. Gods Speed