Saturday, January 15, 2011

Intentions

I can't even count the number of times that I considered, even committed to putting energy into this blog again. But until this moment, I just haven't had quite the determination, I haven't been making the time to write. I used to say that it was because I didn't have anything interesting to write about in comparison to my blogging from Inuvik, Otesha, SE Asia and Greece. But that is so far from the truth.

I moved to Toronto in September 2009, slowly, and sadly. Soon though as I connected, discovered, explored, experienced, I realized that I have had so much to share. For some reason, I thought readers wouldn't care. I've concluded that maybe I don't care if readers don't care. I'm hopeful that you'll read, hopeful that you'll learn something, and hopeful that you enjoy the words, pictures, stories, and information, and inspiration that I will post on this blog. Regardless, this blog will be an outlet, a venue without a set audience where I can freely share what excites me, potentially create action, discussion or inspiration, and have fun while doing it. Dear readers, I hope you absorb what you may read on this blog. I am committing to writing at least twice a month. I will endeavor for four. I'll share with you a new thing I learned or saw, an issue I'm interested in, a recipe that's delicious, an adventure I had, or a gardening experience I had.

Perhaps you'll share in my excitement, but perhaps you won't. Whatever the case I hope that you will read this blog when the time suits, and let me know what you think, comment or email and let me know what you think.

I'm ending with an intention for my day; it was the intention that was set by the fine people at the Move dance gathering last night (described as a meditative, playful, transformative, and ecstatic dance event, created for the sheer love of dance) and I want to live it again today: Feel.

2 comments:

Graham said...

I'm excited to read again :D You have a great writing style and it's always an interesting topic!

Kayla said...

Glad you're reading graham :D