Saturday, April 5, 2008

what the world?

Life makes me feel strange sometimes.

There's so much love out there, along with so much hate.

So many beautiful things to see, with a life much too finite in which to see them all in.

So much dissatisfaction, so much satisfaction.

The days in the Arctic are getting increasingly longer, the sky stays bright until about 11:00 pm. The days are also getting warmer, I saw some dripping yesterday off of the roof of my apartment as the temperature rose to freezing. It's snowing right now, which very irregularly happens in Inuvik because of the subzero temperatures.

Change is in the air...again.

I had a great week - walking around boot lake with mom, stumbling upon the Inuvik cemetery; shopping 'downtown' Inuvik; cooking and baking up a storm; going out on the land to a friends camp via ski doo; looking up in the sky for the light show; staying up late; having a successful community meeting here in Inuvik; and enjoying life!

Let me tell you about the photos you see above: The first is of some empty fuel drums down by the river just outside of town, it is all too common to see poor sites like this around town. Next is a picture of a sun dog from yesterday, a faint outline of the 'rainbow' went all the way around the sun. Finally, there's a picture of the Inuvik cemetery, Mom and I noticed a trend in the lifespans of people here - short.

Well, that's it for now. I feel like this entry has odd pictures and odd words. All the same, hope you enjoyed reading, cause I enjoyed writing.

Now to the soccer tournament!

No comments: