Thursday, April 17, 2008

alive.

It's almost 11 pm and still bright like a 5 pm Ontario sky. I could easily become an insomniac here.
Guess what, I saw the Governor General Michaelle Jean here in Inuvik the other day, she drum danced and blanket tossed. I was in Monday's globe and mail article to prove it.

So, I wrote this following paragraph on Sunday, I was feeling it...
Some of you may feel the following words are kinda crazy Christian. But you all know me, and I am just a regular girl with regular faith, who heard a good speech. Sometimes, I feel so close to God, and other times so far over the hills. Today and now, I feel great, close and lively. The Catholic church here in Inuvik has spirit, and I experienced that spirit today. Service was lead by the deacon, as Father Matthew was in Tuktoyaktuk doing a few baptisms. He preached his homily with such passion and devotion, my attention was never swayed. He spoke about life, his descriptions and examples so real and visual. He expressed how God is alive today and now. He spoke about how some Christians go through life being bored. He asked us what it means to be alive in Christ. He asked us what it is to be alive. To have life, and zest. I wish I would have had a tape recorder during his sermon, I really thought that he put things so well. His message though came clear to me: embrace life, let it sway you, enjoy it, and live it, pray to God that you will not get bored. God is the doctor of life!

So I ask you: what does it mean to be alive?

No comments: